Today was such a long day! We finally made it to Austin, Minnesota. Last night we stayed in Kirtland, OH. We drove our car to the Kirtland Temple early this morning. It is so beautiful, especially the landscaping surrounding it. Dave saw it four years ago and said that it was all new. The Church has a large stake center just 1/4 mile from the temple and a visitor center at the historical town center with all the old buildings, including the Newel K. Whitney store. I am glad I finally saw it. It was so quiet and peaceful there because the visitor centers were not yet open and no one was around.
The drive was very long and we decided that we did not care much for the Indiana toll way. Very expensive and the service plazas are dirty...they have smoking sections still.
Illinois had awful wind and Dave had to clench the steering wheel to stay on the road. I nearly got blown over when we got out for gas (which we have to get 3 times a day). I thought it was windy in Boston; not so much now.
Tomorrow we have to make it to Billings, MT. I don't know how that will be possible ....well it will be of course but another day in that truck...can't wait for it to be over.
Halfway--point of no return. We'll press forward...like pioneers...just with more power. and worse gas mileage.
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm looking forward to seeing you!!! I know the drive sucks. Just think, this weekend we can go to the beach and relax!!! YAY!!!
Post a Comment